Nose is a prominent facial part that catches the attention of onlookers at a first glance. There are many people who are not happy with the shape and size of their nose. For such people, rhinoplasty surgery makes for an ideal option to consider. The primary reasons for undergoing rhinoplasty in Delhi are to change the nose shape, improve breathing or the combination of two. This plastic surgery procedure aims at not only changing your nasal appearance, but also boosts your confidence level. The results of this surgical procedure are excellent and often long lasting.
Irrespective of the motive of undergoing nose surgery, post-surgery recuperation is something that requires proper attention. You might expect more discomfort than pain, a lot of swelling and bruising around the eyes, particularly the first week after the procedure. Depending on the procedure, there might also be a splint or nasal packing inside the nose for a few days or a cast or splint on top of your nose as extra protection the first week after the surgery. Doctors usually prescribe antihistamine for a few days for alleviating discomfort. One week after the procedure, in most cases, splints and packing are removed along with non-absorbable sutures. As bruising and swelling subside nasal breathing starts to normalize. Nearly eight percent of the facial swelling is gone six weeks after the surgery; however it might take as long as a year for the entire nasal swelling to subside.
If you are considering nose surgery in Delhi, choose a board-certified plastic surgeon to know about the possible complications and the ways in which you can avoid them.
Post-surgery bleeding is the main concern, and can occur as late as three or four weeks after the procedure, however usually occurs within few days of surgery. You can prevent this from happening. All you need to do is avoid exertion and heavy lifting for at least three weeks after surgery, and also avoid bending over as it can increase nasal pressure. Also, try not to sneeze and do not blow your nose. A salt based water nasal spray can help in preventing crusting after procedure that may tempt you to pick your sticky nose.
Another complication that patients undergoing this procedure can experience is nasal bone moved out of position. According to doctors, you should be extra careful when in crowded places and around people who usually talk with their hands to avoid having your nose accidentally struck or banged.
How to recover fast?
- Make sure that you read all preoperative and post-surgery instructions given by the surgeon prior to the surgery.
- Keep your head elevated and sleep with head elevated after surgery with two pillows at night.
- Wiggle your toes and take deep breaths when in bed immediately after the procedure, and also walk around a bit. This will help you in keep circulation thus preventing blood clots.
- Make sure that you stop intake of Advil, Aspirin or any other medicine that thins blood at least two to three weeks before and after the surgery so that possibility of excessive bleeding reduces.
- Do take antihistamine and pain medication as prescribed by the doctor, but try to switch from pain medication to Tylenol as soon as possible, to prevent constipation.
Tips for fast healing
- Make sure that you are not in the arm’s reach of someone who talk with their hands. You have to do this for a few weeks after the surgery.
- Neither sneezes nor blows for a couple of weeks. Even if you have to sneeze, expel it through your mouth, and not nose.
- Do not over exert yourself with activities such as exercise, or heavy housework and lift heavy objects for at least three to four weeks after the surgery.
- Be patient. Understand that rhinoplasty is surgical procedure, and you would continue to feel and look better as time goes on.
- Do not put anything that is smaller in your nose.
Rhinoplasty in India can change your overall appearance in a drastic way. Those who opt for this surgery to improve functional difficulties would also experience relief. Make sure you consult a board-certified plastic surgeon for rhinoplasty in Delhi. An experienced and expert surgeon would understand your goals and recommend solution accordingly. To get the best and effective results, carefully choose the surgeon.