Your eyes are most delicate sense organ of the body,
Therefore, it should be a priority to maintain a healthy eyesight no matter what age you belong to, whatever activity you are doing.
Protect your eyesight by taking the necessary preventive care and keep your eyes healthy as you age. But if the problem persists with your eyes, visit best eye hospital in Bangalore to find the right treatment for you before it gets late.
In this article we have got seven tips for you to help you protect your eye health!
NUMBER 1, GET REGULAR EYE EXAMS:
- Children should have their first eye exam between the ages of 6-12 months.
- Then regular eye exams at school age. It is important to detect the visual problems that could hinder your child’s ability to learn.
- Adults, specially those over 40 should have yearly eye exams, particularly to prevent age related ocular conditions, including:
- Macular degeneration
NUMBER 2, INFORM YOUR OPHTHALMOLOGISTS ABOUT YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY:
Let your eye doctor know your eye history. So, make sure your ophthalmologist knows about what is medically relevant to your eyes. There is a connection between illness in your body and eye issues. Hypertension and Diabetes can have harmful effects on your vision. Therefore, eye check-up should be done on a regular basis.
Also report any visual symptoms to your doctor like seeing black spots, eye floaters and flashes.
NUMBER 3, CONTROL HOME/ OFFICE AIR QUALITY
- In the winter, the heating system in homes and offices create dry air. Consider using a portable humidifier to keep the air moist, which will help prevent eye irritation caused by dryness.
- Give your eyes a break from the computer screens. Taking the following steps to protect your eyes is very important:
- Make sure your glasses or contact lenses are adequate for computer use. Some people may need glasses to help with contrast, glare and eye strain while using a computer.
- Position your computer screen in such a way that your eyes are at level with the top of the monitor. This allows you to look slightly down at the screen.
- Try to avoid glare on your computer from the windows and lights and use anti-glare screens if needed.
NUMBER 4, DEAL WISELY WITH ELECTRONIC DEVICES
- If your eyes are dry, blink more.
- Every 20 minutes rest your eyes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- And after every 2 hours, take at-least 15-minute break.
NUMBER 5, EAT RIGHT FOR EYE HEALTH,
- Dark leafy greens
- Citrus fruits
- Fish and fish oil
- Whole grains
- Colourful fruits and vegetables
- Sunflower seeds
- Flaxseed oil
- Blackcurrant seed oil
NUMBER 6, PROTECT YOUR EYES
- Wear sunglasses with 100% UVA and UVB protection and protect your children eyes as well.
- Clean your contact lens case. After you put in your contacts, be sure that the case is empty of all the solutions. Dump it out, rinse and dry the case, before you store the lens in it again. This will prevent bacteria from growing in it.
- Choose good quality make up and never use it inside your eyes. Throw away mascara 3 months after the opening date.
- Remove eye makeup before going to bed.
AND LASTLY, BE PREPARED WHILE TRAVELLING
- While flying, your eyes might feel dry. If you’re a frequent traveller, be ready with eye drops (artificial tears).
- if you wear glasses or lenses, take an extra pair of glasses and lenses with you, just in case you need them
- Avoid swimming with contact lenses to avoid the impact of chemicals and bacteria in the water.
I hope these tips will help you protect your eye health. ALL THE BEST TO YOU.