It has become more normal for adults to go to a chiropractor for issues including back pain, headaches, stress, neck pain, arthritis, sports injuries and more. But it is just as beneficial for children, it is completely safe, and can help with a range of childhood illnesses, from colic to those wanting natural ADHD treatments, Monmouth County and beyond.
Children just like adults can have spinal misalignment leading to the nervous system being irritated and function being less than optimal. When there is stress on a nervous system that is still developing this can lead to all kinds of issues. When anyone’s spinal alignment is optimal their health and healing are too. For that reason, more parents see the value in taking their children to a pediatric chiropractor, Wall Township or local to them.
How do the misalignments happen?
There are a number of things that can cause it. More common causes and signs of misalignment in children include;
- Trauma caused being born – There is a lot of twisting and rotating in a small space for the baby and there is potential there for misalignment to occur. Add to that different intervention that can happen that add to the trauma potential like using a vacuum extractor, forceps and such, it is not surprising then that there can be a later impact for the baby. Gentle chiropractic care can help. Look for signs such as a head tilt, the baby’s head not balancing out a few weeks after birth, problems with latching, colic.
- Not meeting milestones as they develop – There is a guide for when children usually meet their different milestones like sitting up, rolling over, crawling, standing and so on. During this time of growth and change, there can be tumbles which can cause spinal misalignments a pediatric chiropractor Monmouth County and elsewhere can work on.
- Regular falls and accidents – It is a fact, children have accidents and hurt themselves! These are usually minor injuries but sometimes they can be a reason to have a spinal check by a pediatric chiropractor.
- Backpacks and bad posture issues – Children from the start of school are carrying heavy backpacks every day, often ones that are overloaded that puts a lot of stress on the spine. They are also spending more time sitting at desks at home and at school in a slumped position which has an impact.
- Scoliosis – this is a spinal curve problem and usually occurs in children as the spine grows. It can benefit from treatments like exercises at home and chiropractic care.
- Emotional stress and other childhood issues – When people get stressed or emotional they tense up muscles and that can cause imbalances. Other childhood issues such as colic, ear infections, asthma, allergies and more, have shown improvement when a child has had pediatric chiropractic care. It is one of the effective natural ADHD treatments, Monmouth County.
Chiropractic care is done gently and safely, with a qualified chiropractor there is no pain or danger. It is not done the same way it is with adults. After several sessions, they are in better balance and will improve in function, sleep and general wellbeing.
This article is not intended for diagnostic purposes