Everyone wants a silky smooth skin and for that, we need to get rid of our body hair. This can be done with the help of waxing and shaving. However, waxing is too painful and shaving is sometimes considered as unhealthy for your skin. The invention of the laser hair removal has proved to be a boon for the humankind.
Laser hair removal is method by which your hair follicles are burned down so that no hair can grow further. In this article, we will talk about the various things that one must keep in mind before getting a laser hair removal done.
How is it done and on which areas?
The process involves you going at a laser hair removal salon. They will ask you to fill a form and check your skin, if there are any skin diseases. Once your skin is all clear, they will take you to the room. After that, the doctors will mark the area, which has to be treated. They will apply a cooling gel that does not irritate your skin while the process is going on.
They will apply the laser with the help of a tool. It is not as painful as waxing. Once the process is done, you will be asked come repeatedly for various sittings. Any area can be treated. However, the magnitude of the laser will depend on the patch that is to be treated. If the area is quite sensitive then the magnitude of the laser will be lesser. Laser hair removal Ogden Utah is considered as the best.
Things that need to be kept in mind
If you are planning, then laser hair removal you need to do a proper research and consult, your skin doctor if that will not harm your skin. The things that you must keep in mind before going for laser removal are as follows –
- Stay away from the sun – after the first sitting of your laser hair removal, you are advised to not go out in the sun as the rays from the sun can harm you.
- Shave the area which is about to get treated – the doctor’s advice the patients to shave the targeted area before coming for the sitting. This makes sure that the laser is able to treat your hair follicles and destroy them.
- It does not work immediately – the laser hair removal will make your skin smooth right after its done. It is important to know that it takes a lot of time to work.
- Do not get it done near eyes – it is advisable to not get laser done near the eye area since the area is too sensitive and can react to harm your skin.
- The treatment can last for 20 minutes to 30 minutes and can last till an hour depending on the area.
- Normally, it has been noted that the laser treatment will show you results only after 3 months of time.
Apart from all of the above, it is essential to know that the laser hair removal will not work on your whole body in one go.