The lustre, firmness, and overall appearance of your skin plays a pivotal role with regard to your dignity, self-confidence, social relationships, and even your professional prospects, which is why it’s so important to care for your skin and ensure that you always look your best.
The Edifying Facts and Figures You Should Know
We’ve all heard that our skin is, by far, the biggest organ in our bodies, but here are some little-known bits of information that you probably weren’t aware of about your skin:
- In total, your skin can weigh up to six kilograms and encompass nearly five square metres of surface area, depending on your body type.
- Believe it or not, your skin sheds approximately 100,000 dead cells every three minutes.
- Loose skin, wrinkles, and sagging areas can be directly attributed to a lack of collagen production, which is the most abundant structural protein in the human body.
- The unique colour of your skin is derived from a myriad of factors – both environmental and genetic – but the most integral element is a naturally-occurring pigment referred to as melanin. Higher levels of melanin are correlated to darker skin tones.
- Roughly four in every five people in the world will struggle with acne, pimples, or blackheads at some point in time, and an increasing percentage of these individuals are actually adults.
However, arguably the most surprising finding of the last few years is the fact that the typical person applies somewhere between six and 10 skin care products on a day-to-day basis, but less than 10% of people are actually satisfied with the effects of these OTC creams, ointments, and balms.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but it incites patchy, darkened areas on the skin and it is exacerbated by acne, surface wounds, sun exposure, and other adverse manifestations. In this regard, the root cause of hyperpigmentation is basically how the body responds to skin damage or irritation:
- After the skin becomes aggravated by UV rays, pimples, hormonal changes, destructive hair removal, lacerations, or allergic reactions, the body begins to produce melanin and other compounds to help repair the damaged area.
- The increased influx of melanin causes severe discolouration, streaking, and darkening, which worsens considerably when exposed to direct sunlight.
- As such, hyperpigmentation is essentially a localised scar or blemish that arises following some type of cut, infection, or inflammation.
If you’ve been besieged by undesirable surface staining and perpetual discolouration, it’s in your best interests to schedule a personalised hyperpigmentation treatment in Singapore sooner rather than later.
What Can I Expect from My Local Skin Care Expert?
In stark contrast to the fruitless OTC products and topical lotions found in the retail department, your local skin care specialist will be able to create a highly effective treatment programme to resolve any type of discolouration in as little as one appointment.
After evaluating the composition of your skin and the distinctive reasons behind the discolouration, your practitioner will utilise a combination of microdermabrasion exfoliation, pain-free chemical peels, tailor-made unguents, and revitalising facials to restore a natural, healthy-looking appearance.
The results are almost immediate and these treatment regimens are very affordable, so feel free to schedule an introductory consultation with a trusted local clinic as soon as you can.