Essential oils have been known for their emotional, physical and mental healing effects. Technically, these natural components lack the fatty acids that are major components of oils. However, these are dubbed as such since they are composed of concentrated plant ingredients. For instance, thousands of pounds of Bulgarian roses are required in order to produce one pound of oil, thus making essential oils somewhat expensive based on quantity.
There are a few important kinds of these natural oils which can actually bring in a healthy lifestyle to a person:
- Lavender – lavender essential oil is considered one of the most versatile of its kind. This has the ability to work on cuts, skin irritation and bruises. A few drops of these during bath paves way to a relaxing sleep at night. Some experts would advise to put a few drops of lavender oil on your hands, and on your pillow to achieve a peaceful slumber.
- Tea Tree – If there is one plant components that could battle blemishes and fungus, that would be tea tree oil which comes from an Australian tree. Acnes blemishes practically vanish making your skin clearer with continuous use.
- Chamomile – Like the essential oils made from lavender, chamomile has the ability to relax and soothe the body and spirit. This is the main reason why it is also best for tea. You can place a few drops on your pillow cases to initiate a relaxing ambiance on your bed before going to sleep.
- Peppermint – The extracts from peppermint have the ability to stimulate the brain and enhance mental alertness of a person. According to researches, inhaling peppermint has led to increased mental accuracy at 28 percent. Aside from this, peppermint is also helpful in regulating digestion when mixed with water.
- Eucalyptus – As a common knowledge, eucalyptus oil is great when battling colds and allergies. The antibacterial properties of this element can be best used against congestion of the breathing passages and irritated sinuses.
Those are only a few of the essential oils that could pave the way to a healthier you. If you have any of those, then read on to know how to use them efficiently:
- Dry evaporation: Place several drops of the oil on a cotton ball and allow it to evaporate naturally in the air. For a more intense dose, you can directly sniff the cotton ball.
- Diffuser: These oils are generally used with a device known as the diffuser. Most of these devices are filled with water and mixed with a few drops of your preferred plat extract. For better management, choose a diffuser with timers to prevent the oils from directly burning when water runs out.
- Steam: You can have a bowl of steaming water as some diffusers can be very costly. If you want an immediate effect, sit in front of the steam with a towel on your head. Make sure to close your eyes when the steam starts to diffuse all over your face. Most people use this method when battling colds and fever.