Soy is considered to be part of pea family while being linked with numerous health-related controversies, which are not quite true. It has been proved by studies that soy based protein supplements do not come with side effects, however, have several beneficial properties that many are not aware about. Today, soy protein supplement is being sold across the globe and is consumed millions to enjoy its benefits. Moreover, public awareness with regards to soy has increased tremendously, thereby, increasing its sales over time. As a matter of fact, soy has been introduced as food additive, food and extensively used especially in dietary supplements.
Its health benefits
Few of the benefits derived by consuming soy supplements include the following:
- Lower cholesterol
- Develop bone health
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve memory
- Relieve symptoms of menopause like hot flashes
- Weight loss
Furthermore, it is believed to assist in reducing risks of cancer of prostate and the breast.
Substantial or strong scientific support towards using Soy based protein supplements
- Studies conducted on human and animals have showed that soybeans moderately can reduce bad cholesterol present in blood.
- It contains all essential amino acids. Therefore, it is popular for high protein value.
- Powders containing soy protein have become popular these days since they offer higher protein intake that is lower in carbohydrates and calories. Therefore, they do make excellent protein choice for those who are vegans and lactose intolerant. Also, digesting soy protein is easier and also an affordable option to avail when compared to other forms of protein sources available in the market. Soy sprout powders comprise of highly digestible protein form that is rich in minerals and vitamins.
- Studies have also shown that soy could be beneficial towards treating children suffering from diarrhea. It also has shown that formulas which are soy based are quite effective to speed up process of recovery than other protein types.
Diverse adaptability, economic pricing and multiple health benefits are what have made soy to become the most popular selling herbs and supplements these days and offers users with numerous benefits.